I have already posted about my color/routine before and I’ll link that here. However, I’ve changed the color of it 2 times (officially, lol) since then so it is time to update it!
GO FOLLOW RAY (the amazing artist behind all of my hairstyles) ON INSTAGRAM @creRAYtor and @craycraystylesz & let me know if you want his tips and tricks!
My natural hair color is a chocolate brown with natural red highlights:
I got highlights around a year ago (Aug):
Then I got a full balayage in April:
When I went to California my hair got even lighter in the sun:
Recently, I was reallllyyy missing my dark hair and decided to go back to it!
Here is how my (amazing) hair dresser did it (if you want to ask your stylist too)
*by the way, Ray (my hair magician), is an artist for L’Oreal Professionnel & he used all of their products on my hair*
- Glaze it- using the Dia Light
- Sealed it- using Power Mix Vitamino Color
- Styled it- using Liss Unlimited Smoothing Cream
Study up ladies and gents… this is your new guide into learning all of the hottest trends in the makeup world.
The holidays are time for giving, and I love gifting presents for the people in my life that I love! To kick off the holiday season, I’ve created the perfect guide for any lady in your life, whether it be your sister, your best friend, your mom, or any other special gal!
Whenever I’m picking out presents for friends or family, I always get them something that I would want myself/that I already have! (those puff-ball shoes have been in my cart for a month now and thanks to the black friday deals I got them in gray 😉 same thing with the joggers and vans lol)
Get my list of different gift ideas all under $100 below:
Using good quality makeup products is SO important! Now look, I’m not saying you can never shop at the drugstore for makeup… I’m just saying that I have noticed a difference in not only makeup application, but in my skin too. For face products I find it more necessary to splurge a little to keep my skin looking fresh. Down below is a list of all my makeup products I swear by, go shop ’em for this holiday season!
Makeup Brushes: Nanshy Brushes (the eye crease brush is my all time favorite)
Primer: Rosewater Spray
Foundation: Too Faced Born This Way
Concealer: IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye
Powder: M.A.C. Blot Powder
Bronzer: Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzer
Blush: YSL Creme de Blush (discontinued but FLAWLESS… I’ll link some places to get it)
Highlight: Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Duo in Golden
Eyeshadow: bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 in The Top Shelf
Eyebrows: Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil
Eyeliner: Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner
Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Lipstick: Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien
Lipgloss: Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Pink
Lately I’ve been curling my hair a ton, while trying to keep it an everyday look and avoiding the “prom” curls. Watch the video below to get the look!
For those of you that don’t know, color correcting is when you use makeup to cancel out any unwanted colors on your face before applying foundation/concealer. Many youtubers talk about color correcting and do tutorials but the products they use are usually highend. My favorite color corrector is by NYX and is only $12!!
If you want to WATCH instead of read… watch the video down below!
Follow the guide below for some color correcting tips!
- Make sure you don’t use a color just because other people are! You don’t always need what other people are and it will actually make your skin look worse.
- If you have very dark undereye circles, you wil want to cancel out the purpley blue tones with a yellowy peach concealer.
- In order to cancel out yellow or sallow skin, you can use a purple cream to hide it. This one can be the trickiest to use and not many people will need to use the purple. I personally only use the purple to highlight my cheekbones since thats the only place my skin needs brightening.
- For redness, using the green concealer from the palette with cancel out the redness on any pimples or just your face in general.
After putting on a thin layer of the corrector, spray some rosewater spray allover your face to soften the product. Dampen your beauty blender and start to softly blend out the color corrector. You want to be able to see the product still but don’t want a heavy layer that will peak through your foundation/bb cream. Make sure you push the product into your skin as opposed to rubbing it since that will just move the color around and rewind all the hard work you just did.
Because I go back to school on Sept. 8th, I wanted to share my routine for the first day! Also check out these pics of a few of my first days of school when I was little. And an extra pic of when I was a cheerleader just because it’s too funny not to share.
2nd Grade Maggie:
1st Day of School in 3rd Grade:
1st Day of School in 4th Grade:
Cheerleading in 5th Grade (I cheered from 5th-7th Grade) :
For me, getting ready for any big event/day, like the first day of school, starts the night before (or a few days if you can). I’m a big sleeper so anything I can do the day before, I do! Down below is what I will be doing for my first day and some tips for YOU!
The Week Of:
- Wash your face 2-3 times a week! Ya gotta prepare the whole week, it’s rare for a new pimple to go away overnight!!
- Mentally plan out your outfit. Don’t wait until the night before incase you have to buy something!
- Go school supply shopping. DUH!!
- Finish any summer assignments. Just incase you were bein’ a lil procrastinator (like me lol!)
The Night Before:
- Wash, Exfoliate, Shave and Moisturize. Your whole body girlfriend.
- Amp up your skin care routine.
- Use a clarisonic (or a wet washcloth!!) and exfoliate your face too!
- If you are prone to blackheads make sure to use pore strips!! You can DIY them but I use the Biore ones.
- Use a face mask. My new favorite for super soft skin is the Fresh Rose Face Mask. If you have me on snapchat you know I’ve been loving this. (buybyebymaggie)
- Use an acne face wash, if you don’t normally. I love the basic Clearasil one.
- If you have normal to dry skin~ after washing, use manuka (or raw) honey and rub it onto a wet face (like a cleanser) and rinse off with warm water.
- MOISTURIZE! I don’t care whether you have dry, normal, combo or oily skin… you gotta moisturize your skin and I use the Cetaphil one.
- Spot treat any stubborn blemishes that haven’t gone away yet. You guys know I like my tea tree oil.
- Spoil your hair girlll.
- Use an in-shower hair serum/lotion. I love the Drybar Hydrating Shots but these cost a pretty penny so I like to save them for big days.
- Deep condition your hair. I’ve been using the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter one for around a year and it’s my all time fave because it makes my hair unbelievably soft and it smells SOOO good.
- If you don’t already, make sure to include a hair serum for your hair type after showering. My straight hair lovveess the Verb Ghost Oil but you BBbM viewers know that 😉
- Paint your nails. Or go get ’em done if you’re feeling extra fancyy.
- Whiten your teeth. Instead of damaging the enamel with chemicals, I like using oil pulling. (1 tbsp. of coconut oil and swish it around your mouth and pull it through your teeth for 10-20 mins, then spit it out and brush regularly).
- Lay out your outfit. I’m a fan of sleeping in so I like to hang it up on my dresser.
- Style your hair the night before. IF you are planning on styling your hair in the morning, do it the night before and sleep in a scrunchie!
- Pack your backpack. Because who has time for that in the morning!
- Pamper your lashes. Mix castor and coconut oil and load it up on your lashes (and brows) to promote growth and strengthen them!
- Brew a coffee. I do this every night before school and put the mug in the fridge so it’s nice and cold in the morning~and isn’t watered down by ice~.
The Day Of:
- Wash your face. A very common theme here.
- Finish styling your hair. Or go au natural 😉 If you use heat make sure you are protecting your hair with a heat protectant spray!
- Makeup timee! I have a whole post on middle school makeup and will have a new video on my daily makeup routine!
- EAT! Because YUM. (also, since I’m a coffee addict I always make myself iced coffee to go)
So everyone, obviously everything is optional and you can get ready however you want (I just am a little bit of a diva and need to go through a whole salon routine for the first day lol). And NO I do NOT do this every night because ya girl doesn’t have that much time.