Because I go back to school on Sept. 8th, I wanted to share my routine for the first day! Also check out these pics of a few of my first days of school when I was little. And an extra pic of when I was a cheerleader just because it’s too funny not to share.
2nd Grade Maggie:
1st Day of School in 3rd Grade:
1st Day of School in 4th Grade:
Cheerleading in 5th Grade (I cheered from 5th-7th Grade) :
For me, getting ready for any big event/day, like the first day of school, starts the night before (or a few days if you can). I’m a big sleeper so anything I can do the day before, I do! Down below is what I will be doing for my first day and some tips for YOU!
The Week Of:
- Wash your face 2-3 times a week! Ya gotta prepare the whole week, it’s rare for a new pimple to go away overnight!!
- Mentally plan out your outfit. Don’t wait until the night before incase you have to buy something!
- Go school supply shopping. DUH!!
- Finish any summer assignments. Just incase you were bein’ a lil procrastinator (like me lol!)
The Night Before:
- Wash, Exfoliate, Shave and Moisturize. Your whole body girlfriend.
- Amp up your skin care routine.
- Use a clarisonic (or a wet washcloth!!) and exfoliate your face too!
- If you are prone to blackheads make sure to use pore strips!! You can DIY them but I use the Biore ones.
- Use a face mask. My new favorite for super soft skin is the Fresh Rose Face Mask. If you have me on snapchat you know I’ve been loving this. (buybyebymaggie)
- Use an acne face wash, if you don’t normally. I love the basic Clearasil one.
- If you have normal to dry skin~ after washing, use manuka (or raw) honey and rub it onto a wet face (like a cleanser) and rinse off with warm water.
- MOISTURIZE! I don’t care whether you have dry, normal, combo or oily skin… you gotta moisturize your skin and I use the Cetaphil one.
- Spot treat any stubborn blemishes that haven’t gone away yet. You guys know I like my tea tree oil.
- Spoil your hair girlll.
- Use an in-shower hair serum/lotion. I love the Drybar Hydrating Shots but these cost a pretty penny so I like to save them for big days.
- Deep condition your hair. I’ve been using the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter one for around a year and it’s my all time fave because it makes my hair unbelievably soft and it smells SOOO good.
- If you don’t already, make sure to include a hair serum for your hair type after showering. My straight hair lovveess the Verb Ghost Oil but you BBbM viewers know that 😉
- Paint your nails. Or go get ’em done if you’re feeling extra fancyy.
- Whiten your teeth. Instead of damaging the enamel with chemicals, I like using oil pulling. (1 tbsp. of coconut oil and swish it around your mouth and pull it through your teeth for 10-20 mins, then spit it out and brush regularly).
- Lay out your outfit. I’m a fan of sleeping in so I like to hang it up on my dresser.
- Style your hair the night before. IF you are planning on styling your hair in the morning, do it the night before and sleep in a scrunchie!
- Pack your backpack. Because who has time for that in the morning!
- Pamper your lashes. Mix castor and coconut oil and load it up on your lashes (and brows) to promote growth and strengthen them!
- Brew a coffee. I do this every night before school and put the mug in the fridge so it’s nice and cold in the morning~and isn’t watered down by ice~.
The Day Of:
- Wash your face. A very common theme here.
- Finish styling your hair. Or go au natural 😉 If you use heat make sure you are protecting your hair with a heat protectant spray!
- Makeup timee! I have a whole post on middle school makeup and will have a new video on my daily makeup routine!
- EAT! Because YUM. (also, since I’m a coffee addict I always make myself iced coffee to go)
So everyone, obviously everything is optional and you can get ready however you want (I just am a little bit of a diva and need to go through a whole salon routine for the first day lol). And NO I do NOT do this every night because ya girl doesn’t have that much time.